LOS ANGELES, March 3, 2015 – Illusionist Michael Grandinetti will be adding a unique, magical touch to this year’s Atlantic 10 Men’s Basketball Championship. As the featured performer for the halftime show at New York’s Barclays Center on March 15, the final day of the tournament, Michael will be bringing live grand illusion to the court as an audience of over 18,000 people watch from the front, the sides, behind, and even from above. This is certainly a unique challenge for any magician, but one that Michael is excited to undertake.
For the show, Michael promises a high energy blend of magic and illusion, combined with dance, music, and audience participation as he shrinks a girl to the size of a basketball, causes one audience’s members thoughts to visibly appear for the entire audience to see, and creates a surprising interactive effect with all 18,000 people in the arena at the same time. For the show’s finale, Michael will levitate a girl high above the center of the Barclays Center court, hundreds of feet away from any possible means of support.
Fans at the game will also see a special welcome video from Michael, on all five days of the tournament on the Barclays Center video board, and there will be a meet and greet with Michael after Sunday’s game.
“I’m thrilled to be bringing my magic to New York for the Atlantic 10 Championship,” Michael said from his office in Los Angeles. “I absolutely love having the chance to take magic into unique areas. And, the energy at these games is always extremely exciting, you can feel it the minute you walk into the arena. I can’t wait to share our latest illusions with everyone there and I hope they enjoy the show!”
Michael Grandinetti has been amazing audiences around the world for over 20 years with performances on national television (NBC’s The World’s Most Dangerous Magic, CW’s Masters of Illusion, Entertainment Tonight, The Bold and the Beautiful), for NFL halftime shows and in major league stadiums while surrounded by 70,000 people, with Oscar-winning composers and symphony orchestras, for Fortune 500 companies, in national parades, and even at The White House.
Over the past several months, Michael has:
- Completed a two month headlining engagement at the Grand Sierra Resort and Casino, in Reno, NV, on the world’s largest indoor stage.
- Been featured as the closing performer with “Masters of Illusion Live” at Harrah’s Resort Southern California and Harrah’s Resort in Atlantic City (Jan 2015)
- Filmed 10 illusions for the new Pop TV series “Don’t Blink”, including both large-scale illusions & intimate sleight of hand live on location throughout Hollywood
- Filmed 5 new illusions for season 2 of The CW’s “Masters of Illusion” television series
- Filmed a demo for an exciting new magic project on a rooftop overlooking Los Angeles
- Performed while surrounded by 10,000 people at The Robins Center in Richmond, VA for Richmond vs. VCU Men’s Basketball halftime
- Performed a special private government agency show in Washington DC
- Been featured in regional and national media including Parade Magazine, I Am Entertainment Magazine, The Marilu Henner Show, San Diego Living, and Dear Doctor, a national doctor’s in-office network playing in over 850 offices internationally
- Authored a preview article on the History Channel’s Houdini miniseries, published in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
- Partnered with C3 Entertainment to create and produce custom magic themed products worldwide
- The final game of the Atlantic 10 Men’s Basketball Championship is scheduled to begin at 1:00pm EST on March 15 and will also be broadcast by CBS Sports.
To view Michael’s 2015 career highlights video, featuring his television, stadium, and live event performances around the country, please visit his video page.
For more information on The Magic of Michael Grandinetti, please visit: www.michaelgrandinetti.com